SXSW INTERACTIVE is one of my favorite events of the year, so when Shawn O'Keefe from the SXSW organizing team contacted me about creating a guide for speakers with sketchnote illustrations, I was all in.
Organizing the Details
Shawn provided a list of 9 messages he wanted speakers to remember as they prepared for their panels, which included:
- Be at Your Green Room an Hour Before Your Session
- Stay on Topic During Your Session
- Watch the Time During Your Session
- Show Your Passion for Your Topic - Have Fun!
- Get a Good Night's Sleep the Night Before Your Session
- Treat Fellow Speakers and Audience with Respect
- Speak into the Microphone and Look at the Audience When You Talk
- Remind Your Audience to Rate Your Panel or Presentation
- Start Thinking About SXSW PanelPicker 2013 (Entry Process Starts June 25)
I began mulling these ideas over in my head and then moved to sketching out the concepts that appeared, using pencil and paper.