As seen on the April 27 broadcast of Rocketboom.com, this is a collection of world maps, where territories are re-sized on each map according to the subject of interest. The site is Worldmapper.
The above map shows World Population by 2050.
The big greeny is China; muscular orange is India. See if you can even spot Russia! By then it is estimated that the earth's human population will be 9.07 billion. 62% of the people will live in Africa, Southern Asia and Eastern Asia - numerically this is the same as if all the world's current population lived just in these regions. In addition another 3000 000 000 will be spread accross the rest of the world.
For all versions of the data-distorted maps, including the one above, you can:
- Open PDF poster: a poster version of this map that is designed for printing.
- View the index map (traditional land-area map, for comparison)
- Open the Excel data file (larger file with map)
- Open the Excel data file (smaller file without map)
- Open the Opendoc data file (a version in the Opendoc standard format)
- View the technical notes associated with this data.